29 Jul 2015

Move The Whole Family To Australia

Did you know that as an Australian citizen or permanent resident it might be possible for you to sponsor your family to migrate to Australia? There are various categories of visa available depending on whether you wish to bring a partner, your child, your parents or other relatives to the country. If you or a family member has a medical condition that necessitates care, you may want to look into the carer visa category as well.

If you are the spouse, de facto partner or fiancé of someone who is an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you could qualify for a partner category visa. There are various options available depending on whether you are applying inside our out-with the country. It’s important to know specifically which visa you should be applying for as well as the criteria and requirements for application.

If you are a spouse or de facto partner applying inside Australia, you can contact one of our migration agents for more information on the Temporary Partner Visa (Subclass 820) and Permanent Visa (subclass 801). If you are applying from outside the country under the same circumstances you would need to apply for the Partner (Provisional) Visa (Subclass 309) and Permanent Visa (Subclass 100). If you are currently outside Australia and plan to travel to country to wed an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you would need to look into applying for the Prospective Marriage Visa (Subclass 300).

For help applying for any type of family visa, our agents are on hand with professional advice to ensure you get the best possible chance at moving to Australia.

Contact an Immigracious agent at

Sheila Woods

Posted by: Sheila Woods

A very experienced migration agent, Sheila has always been fascinated by this field. Her university degree thesis was on Australia’s post-war immigration history (and it earned her first-class honours).

Filed in: Visas


Comments are closed.


Follow us