12 Apr 2016

What Visa Do You Need For Corporate Migration?

Corporate Visas For Australia Explained

Have you been head hunted by your business’ Australian counterpart, or has an opportunity arisen for you to work in Australia? Either way you’re going to need a specific visa to allow you to work and live in Australia. Here we take a look at Corporate Visas for Australia.

If you’re an oversees worker you’ll need to secure either a Temporary Business Sponsorship 457 visa, an Employer Nomination Scheme or a Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme visa.

But what does it all mean? Well, let us break it down for you to help you decide which visa is the best for your big move to Australia.

Temporary Business Sponsorship (457 Visa)

The Temporary Work (skilled) or 457 visa as it’s also known, allows both Australian based businesses and overseas businesses to sponsor employees for a period lasting up to four years! However only certain occupations qualify and you must meet the level of skills required to qualify and will be required to take a Skills Assessment test to see if you qualify for the 457 visa.

Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)

The Employer Nomination Scheme is a permanent visa that can only be sponsored by an Australian business. To be eligible for an ENS visa you will need to show a higher level of skill than for a 457 visa, however much of the criteria is the same as the aforementioned Temporary Business Sponsorship visa.

Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme (RSMS)

As Australia is a huge, huge place, you can take advantage of a job offer in a “regional” area. To secure the RSMS visa you are required to be offered a job in a regional area, which must be approved by a Regional Certifying Body. What is different for the Regional Sponsored Skilled Migration Scheme is that it requires less skill level than the ENS visa. The RSMS visa is a permanent visa, but if the employee leaves their job within two years of obtaining the visa it will be cancelled.

Contact Our Perth Based Migration Agents

If you have any queries regarding visas for Australia contact a Perth migration agent at

Sheila Woods

Posted by: Sheila Woods

A very experienced migration agent, Sheila has always been fascinated by this field. Her university degree thesis was on Australia’s post-war immigration history (and it earned her first-class honours).

Filed in: Visas


Comments are closed.


Follow us