15 Aug 2015

How To Apply For A Skilled Nominated Visa

Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190)

Living in Australia and not having to leave is a dream for many, but if you’ve got the skills needed by a particular state or territory, it’s a dream that could become reality. With a nomination from a state or territory, you could live and work in Australia permanently as a skilled worker; you just need to apply for a Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190).

A points-tested visa, you can apply for this visa if you:

• Obtained a positive skills assessment from the relevant examining body
• Lodged an Expression of Interest (EOI) through SkillSelect
• Have been nominated by a state or territory
• Nominated an occupation on the Skilled Occupation List
• Achieved the relevant score needed in your points test
• Are younger than 50 years of age
• Can speak at least competent English

To see if your skills are needed, check out the Skilled Occupation List here

If you are granted the Skilled Nominated Visa (subclass 190), you are required to live in the state or territory that nominated you for at least two years in order to fill the skills shortages in that state, and as the holder of this visa, you are able to:

• Stay in Australia indefinitely
• Work and study in Australia
• Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s healthcare and expenses scheme
• Apply for citizenship
• Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residency
• Travel to and from Australia for five years

Have you been nominated by Western Australia or any other Australian state, contact us at for help on applying for your visa.

Sheila Woods

Posted by: Sheila Woods

A very experienced migration agent, Sheila has always been fascinated by this field. Her university degree thesis was on Australia’s post-war immigration history (and it earned her first-class honours).

Filed in: Visas


Comments are closed.


Follow us